Download ready to use ICC color profiles compatible with all major printer brands and get useful information.
7600 Matte Black (onyx)
7600 Photo Black (onyx)
7900 Matte Black (onyx)
7900 Photo Black (onyx)
9600 Matte Black (onyx)
9600 Photo Black (onyx)
9800 Photo Black (onyx)
9800 Matte Black (onyx)
9900 Matte Black (onyx)
9900 Photo Black (onyx)
RGB – 7900/9900 Settings
– Allow whatever software you are printing with to manage colors
– Use the Photo Tex EP7900 (or 9900) UCHDmk_1400 profile
– In the printer’s dialogue screen, select Roll Paper, Watercolor Radiant White, Matte Black ink, Color Mode Off (No Color Management), Super Photo 1440 dpi, Super Microweave checked, High Speed Unchecked.
– Color density set to -18 (-20 results in a slightly faded image, -15 results with a bit of pooling in darker than middle gray tones), 5 for drying time.
1. Matte Black – Velvet Fine Art (preferred if you have a choice)
2. Photo Black – Luster 250
4880 – Try the Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper
USE NO PROFILES
SETTINGS: ULTRA SMOOTH FINE ART ,COLOR – MATTE BLACK ,COLOR DENSITY – 30%
DRYING TIME 5 SECONDS, PAPER FEED – 0, SUCTION – STANDARD PAPER THICKNESS – 3
MODE – CUSTOM, GAMMA – 2.2, COLOR CONTROLS
BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, SATURATION, CYAN (–O), MAGENTA (+5), YELLOW (-5)
Epson Surecolor T7000 – Using Enhance Matte setting seems to work wonderfully.
Epson COLORBURST (4800/7800/9800/6000S)
GS6000 Colorburst 9.3.3 Rip Profile : USE – Generic Vinyls – Adhesive Vinyls – Generic – Quality 1 – Bi-D – 1440×720 VS – 8P
Photo Tex is now HP certified for the Latex Printers – see their ICC profiles at:
PhotoTexS_HPL26500_792_CAL600 V9.2 may need to extract the profile (.calpatch file) from the zip before installing
***Please change heat setting to 190 Degrees or no more than 200 degrees on the L310/330/360/365/560/570***
HP L310/330/ 360 – otherwise try: HP matte adhesive vinyl profile, color looks great thru Onyx using Default CMYK as the input ICC & poster color as the rendering intent. While testing the roll further, ended up settling on 200 degrees for the curing temp at 10 pass.
Other Z series Settings to try:
1. HP Hahnemhle Textured Fine Art Paper (brightest red, darkest black)
2. HP Professional Matte Canvas
3. HP Premium Instant Dry Gloss Photo Paper
1. CALENDERED VINYL SETTING HEATER 50 CELSIUS
2. LUSTER HEATER 50 CELSIUS
3. SEMI-GLOSS HEATER 50 CELSIUS
***** Use a 60 degree Carbide Blade for best contour cutting results ****
Both the dual CMYK and the 6 color Below VS640. The 6 color would be loaded with CMYK, light cyan, light magenta and another Magenta & Cyan. The files are named as VS-640, but they cross-load with the 540 sizeas well. These are both for VersaWorks. Built in version 4.9.1, you should run the updater if at a lower version for those to come in ok.
Solvent (ONX – Onyx) (CAL-Caldera)
SolJet Pro 4 XR-640 series:
Also printers like :
VP300 & VP540 – ORAJET 3640 MATTE WHITE paper setting we heard of very good results. MCVP Matte Calendared Vinyl on the 540 series also works well..
Roland GX Plotters – Carbide Blade 60 degree – Speed 7. Force 100. Turn on over travel. Keep sharp knife.
Canon ipfx100 printers (5100, 6100, 8100, 9100). – Try the Canon plain paper premium plain paper 80
Canon ipf6450 – “CANON FINE ART ENHANCED VELVET 225G” and printing by using File > Print , Printer manages Color, Color Space RGB, under Color use “Matching > Driver Matching Mode. Under Color: sometimes increase the Brightness +20 and the Contrast +20, but that may just be due to the digital file I’m printing.